Partnership with EIM means joining EIM in its mission to see physical activity successfully integrated into health care settings, resulting in more patients and providers who meet the physical activity guidelines and reap the benefits of an active lifestyle.
How can YOU get involved with Exercise is Medicine®?
- EIM newsletter
- Sign up for the EIM e-newsletter to get regular updates and join the EIM online community. Click "Newsletter Sign Up" in the upper right-hand corner of this website.
- EIM On Campus
- Bring EIM to your university or college campus to promote campus-wide physical activity and integrate EIM into campus/student health services.
- EIM Committees
- Contribute to EIM as an ACSM member by applying to join one of EIM’s committees and offer your unique expertise to advance EIM’s strategic initiatives.
- Bring EIM to your clinical practice
- Use EIM’s Health Care Providers’ Action Guide to integrate EIM into your practice to routinely assess and promote physical activity to your patients. Provide EIM’s Rx for Health series handouts to your patients.
- Activate EIM in your health care system
- Health care systems and medical practices can become an EIM partner by integrating the physical activity vital sign into the electronic health record and supporting the inclusion of PA advice/referrals into routine clinical care. Contact EIM for more information.
- Become an EIM Credentialed Professional
- Become part of the EIM team of exercise professionals by obtaining the EIM Credential.
- Utilize the EIM Exercise Professionals’ Action Guide for strategies on working effectively with health care providers and referred patients.
- Become an EIM fitness facility
- Fitness facilities can become EIM partners by offering evidence-based fitness programming (facilitated by exercise professionals with the EIM Credential) and developing referral relationships with local medical partners. Contact EIM for more information.